Chicago Area Health Information Management Association (CAHIMA)
Join or Renew Today!
Membership year July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Active – $20.00 – Individual interested in the profession who agree to abide by the code of ethics. Active members are entitled to all membership privileges including the granting of CEUs for attendance at Educational Meetings, the the right to vote and hold office.
- Student* – $10.00 – Available to non-credentialed students enrolled in a CAHIIM-Approved HIT, HIM program or Coding Certificate program. Student members shall possess all the rights of membership except the granting of CEUs for attendance at Educational meetings, the right to vote, hold office, or serve as a Committee Chair. Students are encouraged to serve as Committee members.
*Please note: If you currently hold an AHIMA-sponsored credential, have ever sat for an AHIMA-sponsored certification exam and did not pass or let your previously granted AHIMA-sponsored credential lapse, you cannot register as a Student Member.
When you join online, you will have the option to pay by mail with a check or pay online with a credit card (AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa). You will receive two emails once you join – 1) a confirmation email and 2) a registration statement email which serves as your receipt (if you paid by credit card) or invoice (if you plan to pay by check).
If you are paying by check, make your check payable to KnowledgeConnex, include your invoice # that is on your registration statement email, and mail your check to KnowledgeConnex. The mailing address will be on the registration statement email.
2022-2023 Board of Directors
Deborah Balentine, M.Ed, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, CHTS-TR
Karin Weiler, MS, RN, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P
Sacha Christmas, RHIA
1st Year Director
James Wilson, RHIT
Andrea Erickson, BS, RHIT
Gabrielle Meza, RHIA, CCS-P
Neocean Long, BS, RHIA
Kolyan Das Gupta, RHIT
Click here to read the letter.
Click here to nominate a Distinguished Member.
Call for Board Nominations
Are you a new HIM professional who wants to expand your networking skills?
Are you a seasoned HIM professional interested in “playing it forward” to promote HIM’s contributions to the healthcare industry?
If so, then The Chicago Area Health Information Management Association (CAHIMA) Nominating Committee wants you to suggest fellow members and/or yourself as possible candidates for the CAHIMA Executive Board positions.
ALL NOMINEES MUST BE ACTIVE CAHIMA MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING. STUDENT MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN COMMITTEES BUT CANNOT RUN FOR AN ELECTED POSITION.
Nominations are open for the following positions:
- President Elect – Learn More
- First Year Director – Learn More
- Nominating Committee – Learn More
- Secretary – Learn More
- Treasurer-Elect – Learn More
Complete the Call for Nomination Form