ILHIMA supports the professional development of individuals engaged in the undergraduate study of health information technology, health information management, and/or related fields. Scholarships are awarded through ILHIMA designated funds.
ILHIMA Board members eligible to vote are not eligible to apply for scholarships during their service on the Board. Those who serve the ILHIMA Board in a non-voting capacity, such as Ex-officio and Student Liaison positions are eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Be a student, in good standing enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited HIM/HIT program.
- Be a resident of Illinois
- Be a member of AHIMA & ILHIMA
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0)
- Have verification of being in good standing and attendance from the program director, and
- Answer the questions included in the scholarship application
Note: An individual may receive a maximum of one ILHIMA undergraduate scholarship in their lifetime.
All Applications Must Include
- Completed Application form; including checklist and acknowledgement
- Completed short answer questions
- Most recent transcript for enrolled school (screenshots are not acceptable)
- Professional Resume or List of Accomplishments
- AHIMA Membership ID #
- Online verification completed by the program director
Applications must be submitted by the due date published on the website.
Application should be submitted electronically and in its entirety.
Questions regarding the application process or the scholarship can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of content, quality of writing, professional presentation and ability to follow directions.
- All applicants will be notified of their status no later than April 1st.
- Awards will be presented at the ILHIMA annual conference.
- An individual may receive a maximum of one ILHIMA undergraduate scholarship in their lifetime.