Physician Coding Webinar Series
Join us for the Physician Coding Webinar Series with speaker Betty A Hovey, BSHAM, CCS-P, CDIP, CPC, COC, CPMA, CPCD, CPB, CPC-I.
Betty is a nationally recognized healthcare consultant, author, and speaker that has over thirty years of healthcare experience. She is the Senior Consultant/Owner of Compliant Health Care Solutions, working with practices both large and small with the same intensity and attention. Betty spent years on the “front lines” for practices handling coding, claims, denials, and has also managed practices and directed health care system departments.
As a speaker and trainer, Betty brings a welcoming mannerism that her attendees relate to and enjoy. She brings humor and real-life experience to her educational sessions that allow her to ensure that everyone understands the training and has a good time. Betty has educated coders, managers, health plans, administrators, physicians, and non-physician practitioners across the country. She has co-written manuals on ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT specialty areas. She most recently authored a chapter for the book, Telemedicine in Orthopedics and Sports Medicine: Development and Implementation in Practice.
Betty has a BS in Healthcare Administration and Management from Colorado State. In addition, she carries the following credentials: Through AHIMA she holds a CCS-P and CDIP, and through AAPC she holds CPC, COC, CPMA, CPCD, CPB, and a CPC-I. Betty is a past member and officer on the AAPC National Advisory Board. She is currently on the BC Advantage Editorial Board. Betty is currently serving a term as a council member on the AHIMA National Council for Excellence in Education.
6/22/22 @ noon CST – Live Webinar
The Physician Auditor’s Toolbox: Auditing for Physician Practices is Different than Auditing for a Facility
To be successful as a professional fee auditor, there are certain tools that are “must haves” for your toolbox. In this presentation, the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database (MPFSD), National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits, CPT assistant, Coding Clinic, and encoders will be discussed. We will walk through how each tool is important to a professional fee auditor, how they can be accessed, and how they should be used. Tips on writing the audit report and giving the results to the physicians/other providers will also be covered. A handout will also be available for attendees listing the tools and how to access them as a handy reference.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to access the resources necessary to perform professional fee audits for practices.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to demonstrate best practices to deliver audit results.
- After the presentation, attendees will be able to utilize the tools necessary to perform physician/other provider audits.
7/20/22 @ noon CST – Live Webinar
Misused Modifiers: Modifiers Help Tell the Story of What Happened During a Patient Encounter
They also indicate to a payor that something that may not normally be paid for, meets an exception for payment. If used correctly, modifiers allow a practice to get paid properly; if not used correctly, modifiers may get a practice audited. In this presentation, some of the most misused modifiers will be discussed, including modifiers 24 and 25 (and when they should be reported together), modifier 59, modifier 76, modifier 22, and modifiers 50 and 51. Multiple examples will be used to ensure comprehension.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to demonstrate understanding of the difference between modifiers.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to better support appeals on modifier issues.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to append the proper modifiers in the proper scenarios.
8/31/22 @ noon CST – Live Webinar
Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database (MPFSD): Goldmine of Information
The Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Database (MPFSD) has a wealth of information contained in it. The MPFSD will indicate what the relative value unit (RVU) breakdown of a code is if your physician is paid on an RVU basis. It can indicate what modifiers may be appended to a particular code, Allowed amounts by locality for Facility and Non-Facility side, RVU breakdown, global days (if applicable), and if an assistant surgeon is payable (if applicable), among other things. In this presentation, we will look through the MPFSD and uncover all it has to offer.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to understand different ways to utilize the MPFSD.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to search the MPFSD for the information on codes that they need.
- After this presentation, attendees will be able to demonstrate what the different columns in the MPFSD represent.
- June 22, 2022
12:00 PM CST
- July 20, 2022
12:00 PM CST
- August 31, 2022
12:00 PM CST
* These webinars will also be available on-demand after their live dates.
- ILHIMA Member: $20/per webinar
- Non-Member: $30/per webinar
Bundle Deal: All Three Webinars:
- ILHIMA Member: $48
- Non-Member: $72
Group Registrations with 5+ registrants from the same facility will receive 10% off at checkout.
# of CEs: 3.0