Southern Illinois Healthcare
Responsible for educating physicians and mid-level providers on assigning appropriate Evaluation and Management codes for their services. Also serve as an educational liaison for professional Coding staff.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Serves as an educator for SIH Medical Group physicians on appropriate coding practices.
- Completes initial training on Evaluation and Management CPT code selection for new providers.
- Monitors code assignment by providers on an ongoing basis to identify educational needs and provide said education.
- Collaborates with Practice Managers to reach providers in the most effective manner.
Licenses and Certification – Must possess one or more of these
Experience and Skills
- Physician practice management or provider education experience required.
- Extensive knowledge and application of CPT/HCPCS codes and modifiers required.
- Knowledge of health information management practices and federal and state healthcare regulations required.
- Associate degree in Health Information Technology, or
- Bachelor degree in Health Information Management, or
- Bachelor degree in Healthcare Management
Apply Online: http://www.sih.net/careers