The American Hospital Association
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is a national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. We are currently seeking a ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Consultant for the AHA Coding Clinic, a full time opportunity located in our downtown Chicago office. This is not a remote working opportunity.
- Research and draft responses to requests for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding advice received by the Central Office, so that consistent and meaningful data is reported in all health care settings in accordance with established coding guidelines.
- Review and analyze comments on drafts of coding responses to ensure accuracy and consistency of Central Office advice.
- Maintain a database of coding responses, retrievable by text or numerical search to ensure consistency in drafting responses to similar questions previously answered.
- Contribute to the quarterly newsletter published by the Central Office on ICD-10, the official clearinghouse for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding questions.
- Identify potential agenda items for the Editorial Advisory board from responses drafted, and develop agenda materials to address these issues. This process includes clinical research, discussions with clinical specialists, and use of other sources to provide sufficient background information for the board’s deliberations.
- Serve as the AHA ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS expert and maintains the integrity of the office by continually providing reliable and accurate coding advice.
- 3-5 years experience with a minimum 3 years of experience with ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS within a hospital environment is required.
- Previous experience in a role similar to a coding supervisor, lead coder, coding trainer/educator, coding auditor or coding compliance professional providing guidance and expertise related to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS is required.
- Must have passed Registered Health Information Administration, or Registered Health Information Technician
Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, which includes medical/dental coverage (PPO/HMO), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation/holidays/sick days, wellness programs and more!
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call (312) 422-3000 and ask for the Director, Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The AHA participates in the E-Verify Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Marianne De Leonardis, Sr. Recruiter