Silver Cross Hospital
How did we become one of the best employers?
By hiring the best people.
What does it take to be named one of the Best Employers in Will County by the Herald News Readers’ Choice Awards? At Silver Cross Hospital in New Lenox, Ill., we start by looking for the best professionals. We believe in hiring the most talented individuals who embrace our culture, where we treat one another like family, welcome new ideas, and challenge one another to become the very best healthcare provider. Maybe that’s why we are among the nine percent of hospitals nationwide to have earned a Five-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). And why you should make Silver Cross Hospital your number one choice in careers.
Outpatient Coding Coordinator
Serving as the subject matter expert for outpatient coding staff, this professional will answer questions and research answers using official coding guidelines and 3M. This individual will assist in the daily organizing, prioritizing, coordinating, and quality assurance of work-flow activities for Outpatient Coding. Interacting efficiently with physicians, nursing, and other allied ancillary departments, this person will ensure, coordinate, and perform timely completion of coding and abstracting for outpatient accounts.
- Must be a college graduate with a RHIT or RHIA.
- 2-3 years of outpatient coding experience in a hospital medical record department, including proficiency with electronic medical record required; Cerner preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and terminology applied to medical, surgical, pharmacological, and patient-care documentation functions; ICD-10, CPT-4, APCs, EAPGs a plus.
- Knowledge of automated encoder system, 3M preferred.
- The analytical ability necessary to interpret data contained in records and to assign appropriate codes a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively and excellent customer service skills.
- Previous leadership experience a plus.
- Demonstrated use of an electronic medical record system is required.
Silver Cross Hospital offers competitive salaries and benefits. For more information on this and other opportunities, and to apply, please visit:
Apply Online: https://www.silvercross.org/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer