Resurrection University in Chicago is looking for a certified and experienced HIM professional to join our faculty starting in the Fall 2019 semester. This is a full-time (9-month) faculty position.
Faculty members whose assignments are to classroom and practicum instruction are collectively responsible with assistance of the Dean or Program Director for curriculum design, planning and implementation, for the development and implementation of specific course offerings in the curriculum. Supports the attainment of the program’s mission and goals, as well as the application and demonstration of the commitment to Resurrection University Mission and Core Values.
1. Meets criteria for designated academic rank.
2. Participates in the implementation, and ongoing evaluation of program philosophy academic policies and procedures.
3. Collaborate with other faculty for the design, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the curriculum.
4. Participates in the development and revision of selected course syllabi.
5. Selects and implements appropriate teaching methods and learning experiences, in cooperation with other faculty in a team taught course.
6. Directs the learning activities of students in clinical and practicum settings.
7. Evaluates the academic and practicum competencies of students.
8. Maintains a cooperative relationship with personnel in agencies utilized for student clinical and practicum experiences.
9. Coordinates students experience with personnel in organizations utilized for student clinical experiences
10. Maintains student records of academic, clinical, and practicum achievement. Archives course material and documents related to student performance.
11. Fulfills course responsibilities as a member of teaching team.
12. Develops and delivers course content suing appropriate methods (face to face, hybrid, online and virtual)
13. Refers students to support services as appropriate.
14. Improves teaching effectiveness through participation in advanced study and/or continuing education offerings pertinent to HIM education, and through use of peer review and student evaluation information.
15. Serves as academic advisor for selected students enrolled in the HIM major. Adjunct faculty advise students in assigned courses as needed.
16. Participates in the evaluation of teaching effectiveness of peers.
17. Serves as a member of the Faculty Organization and attends required Faculty Organization and Teaching Team meetings.
18. Serves on standing and special committees of the Faculty Organization and College as appointed or elected.
19. Serves as advisor to student activities.
20. Participates in graduation ceremonies.
21. Participates in open houses and information sessions as requested.
22. Maintain records relevant to the individual course.
23. Submit final grades and attendance in a timely manner.
24. Coordinates the development or revision of course syllabus on an annual basis.
25. Communicates with the director of the HIM program regarding specific course needs.
26. Engage in appropriate professional development, research and scholarly activities within your area(s) of expertise consistent with your assigned rank and annual goals specified in the University Performance Evaluation tool.
27. Participates in professional and community based activities .
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Adheres to downtime procedures.
2. Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
3. Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner as identified by Resurrection University.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree in field of academic instruction with a major in an appropriate area required. Doctoral degree required as a terminal degree for ranks of Associate Professor and above.
Language and/or Computer Skills
Ability to speak and write English to the extent necessary for safe and efficient performance of the job. Proficiency in supervision, instruction, evaluation and counseling.
Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information. Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Professional certification in HIM (RHIA) is required. Membership in an appropriate professional organization.
Evidence of professional development through participation in continuing education offerings, advanced study, scholarly pursuits and/or professional activities.
Apply Online: https://www.resu.edu/careers/