Shriners Hospitals for Children – Chicago
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Chicago is a one-of-a-kind international health care system dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing pediatric specialty care, innovative research and outstanding teaching programs.
Our Chicago Hospital provides comprehensive orthopedic, plastic, reconstructive and craniofacial surgery and rehabilitation services for children.
We currently have a Director, Information Services position opening.
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Chicago believes that its long-term success as the world’s finest philanthropic healthcare system depends on the dedication of each employee to a core set of values.
These core values embrace the concept that all employees are valued members of the family-centered patient care team.
The patient care team as a whole is comprised of two equally important interdependent units i.e., support service personnel and multidisciplinary direct patient care employees.
It is essential that each team member perform in a manner that exemplifies the belief in our core values.
The Director, Information Services is responsible for the direction, modification and maintenance of all phases of the hospital’s information services including networks, intranets, databases, software applications, telecommunications and hardware installation and operation.
Also responsible for directing the information services staff, consisting of technical and analytical personnel, and providing them with support and guidance in performing their job duties.
- General Management & Organizational Duties of the Information Services Department.
- Planning/Coordinating Network Administration/Engineering operations of the hospital’s IS Department.
- Telecommunications, Telemedicine and Video Conferencing Operations.
- Hospital’s Network Security.
- Systems responsibilities i.e., SHCIS, Lawson, Customer Support, etc.
- Liaison responsibilities between Headquarters and Hospital’s project teams.
- Liaison responsibilities between the hospital’s clinical personnel and technical staff.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a hospital information systems department is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience in management within an information systems environment is also required.
- A thorough understanding of LAN’s, personal computers, software and hardware, wireless, PDA’s and video conferencing is required with overall project management and understanding of clinical, financial, and decision support systems.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite applications, MS Windows, Windows Server, Windows Net, and Windows Workstation is required. Project management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems-related field.
- Our benefits include but are not limited to a comprehensive salary
- Medical/dental/vision/life Benefits
- 403B, PTO and EIB
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Free parking
- Collegiate and challenging work environment.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Send/Fax/Email your resume with cover letter and salary history to: Shriners Hospitals for Children – Chicago
Attn: HR Dept. 2211 N. Oak Park Avenue Chicago, IL 60707.