SIU School of Medicine
Employees in this title typically manage, direct and monitor all coding activities for physician and ancillary services in a unit; perform studies and recommend unit and institutional standards of reimbursement, fee structure, billing and other medical receivable issues to appropriate personnel.
To review the position description for this vacancy, please visit our website.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Current certification as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist—Physician-based (CCS-P) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), or current certification as a Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) or a Certified Procedural Coder-Hospital (CPC-H) by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Three (3) years (36 months) of work experience, two (2) years (24 months) that are comparable to that performed at the Reimbursement Coding Specialist level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility.
- Condition of Employment: Pursuant to the State Universities Civil Service System, an out-of-state resident who is hired into this position must establish Illinois residency within 180 calendar days of their start date.
- Salary: $3758-$4133.80/month
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance offered on Day 1 of employment
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Choice of retirement plans
- Generous vacation time
- Tuition Reimbursement and Tuition Waivers
- Discount Programs
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Complete an online profile.
Find this Job through the ‘Jobs’ link at the top, left of the page.
Select the ‘Apply to Job’ button at the bottom of this posting.
Complete the Job Source form, letting us know how you learned about this vacancy.
Complete the required Civil Service Application package forms and upload applicable documents.
Certain requirements may apply for out-of-state applicants.
Please visit our website and review the specific job listing information for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer