Southern Illinois Healthcare
About the Job:
The people of Southern Illinois Healthcare, a not-for-profit healthcare system, are dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of all of the people in the communities we serve.
Over 3,700 employees, along with physicians and volunteers, work together to achieve our mission and ensure that the health care needs of those we serve are met. WE make this a reality by treating patients in SIH facilities, offering services in rural clinics, collaborating with some of America’s best hospitals and improving our communities through our charitable community benefits programs.
The System Headquarters is currently looking for a Coding Educator to be responsible for educating physicians and mid-level providers on assigning appropriate evaluation and management codes for their services. This person will also serve as an educational liaison for the professional coding staff.
About the Area:
Why make the move? Aside from our state-of-the art medical facilities, southern Illinois itself boasts much to offer. We are surrounded by nature’s beauty; including Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park, Giant City State Park, Garden of the Gods and Shawnee National Forrest…and that’s just to name a few! Take a hike, utilize the bike trails, go zip lining, host a picnic, venture out for a horseback ride, jump in for a dip in the lake or take a swing at some of the region’s finest golf courses!
Feeling like something a little more relaxing? Nestled in our soil are multiple award-winning wineries; often hosting live music or special events on the weekends. Not a wine fan? Craft beer is available at several local breweries. Sample some of nature’s fruits at our local orchards and feast on freshly grown vegetables and homegrown meats at the many neighborhood farmer’s markets open seasonally.
Southern Illinois is home to some of the tri-state area’s finest campground facilities; offering both primitive and modern camping options. Or, if you prefer, enjoy the hospitality of one of over 40 bed and breakfasts before heading out to explore the area. Visit one of our local art museums, Civil War museums and other notable historical sites and monuments. See what kind of treasures you can find at one of several antique shops in each of the communities that make up this beautiful area of Illinois.
Filled with excellent schools, your kids can grow from daycare all the way to college right here in Southern Illinois! Take a tour of Southern Illinois University or enjoy any of its fine arts or sporting events happening all year long. There’s something for everyone in Southern Illinois!
Conveniently located less than two hours from St. Louis, MO and Evansville, IN. Three hours from Nashville, TN and five hours from Chicago, IL.
- Serves as an educator for physicians and mid-levels on appropriate coding practices.
- Completes initial training on Evaluation and Management CPT code selection for new providers.
- Monitors code assignment by providers on an ongoing basis to identify educational needs and provide said education.
- Monitors continuing education needs for department/coders, assists in selecting appropriate educational material, and provides education as needed.
- Collaborates with Practice Managers to reach providers in the most effective manner.
- Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in unit/department based programs that support the system’s process improvement goals.
- Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams.
- RHIT, RHIA, CCS or CPC certification required.
- Physician practice management or provider education experience required.
- Extensive knowledge and application of CPT/HCPCS codes and modifiers required.
- Knowledge of health information management practices and federal and state healthcare regulations required.
Preferred Qualifications: Education Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or Healthcare Management preferred.
About the Benefits:
Along with a market competitive salary, eligible employees enjoy
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Dependent life insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Wellness program
- Voluntary insurance
Instructions for Resume Submission:
You may upload your resume to your application on the Southern Illinois Healthcare website.