Southern Illinois Medical Services
Southern Illinois Medical Services (SIMS) is in search of a dynamic individual to supervise our provider practice based coding department.
SIMS employs over 200 providers (physician and mid levels). This position will supervise approximately 12 coders, a lead coder, and a provider documentation educator
The southern Illinois region offers affordable housing choices, national parks and forests, cultural and Division I college sports and academic environments, short home to work commutes.
- Supervises approximately 12 coders, a lead coder and provider documentation educator.
- Monitors Epic work queues for prompt and effective completion of accounts. Assists when necessary to ensure prompt resolution.
- Reviews delinquent deficiencies for outstanding queries prior to physician notification.
- Communicates any educational issues to the Coding Specialist/Educator.
- Collaborates with PFS to identify billing edits and/or coding issues that may be delaying claims processing.
- Serves as coding liaison for patients/physician offices.
- Monitors coder compliance with department policies and procedures and assists with disciplinary action as necessary.
- Physician practice management experience required
- In depth applied knowledge of physician practice regulatory and payer requirements as it pertains to professional coding and claims.
- Epic Professional Billing experience. Understand and apply rural health setting coding rules, Medicare preventative and wellness exam requirements, modifier rules, mid level coding rules.
- Associate degree in Health Information Technology, RHIT
- Bachelors degree in, Health Information Management or Healthcare Management, RHIA
- CCS or CPC certification preferred
Paid Annual AHIMA dues. Paid CEU’s. Paid travel/expenses to coding related conferences as required.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online – Click here