The Best Investment in HIM: Our People
In a rapidly moving and continuously changing healthcare environment, companies are realizing that their most valuable asset is their employees. Companies that invest in training their employees tend to thrive, even in the face of strong competition. HIM professionals can lead that investment by helping to build a pool of employers through the AHIMA Foundation’s Managing the HIM Talent Pipeline, to grow and maintain a skilled workforce that is prepared to meet the demands of a global economy.
The AHIMA Foundation is contributing to this investment in HIM workforce through a Department of Labor grant to train and upskill HIM professionals in these critical roles:
- Medical Coder/Biller
- Hospital Coder
- Professional Fee Coder
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
- Healthcare Data Analyst
YOU ARE INVITED
Apprenticeship Week Open House!
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, the AHIMA Foundation would like to invite you to an open house on Friday, November 17th from 10 – noon for presentations and discussions on the following:
- What is Apprenticeship?
- What are some common myths about apprenticeship programs?
- What are current HIM workforce issues?
- What are HIM Apprenticeable roles?
- In which ways does apprenticeship support the HIM workforce?
- What are the steps to a registered apprenticeship program?
Click here to learn more and to register.