Silver Cross Hospital
Why choose Silver Cross Hospital?
Excellent people, technology, and growth potential.
Our impressive legacy of quality care and strong commitment to innovative solutions for the future can make all the difference in the satisfaction you gain from your professional experience. Silver Cross Hospital offers a unique combination of advanced technology, strong teamwork, and organizational vision. Come work at our state-of-the-art hospital in New Lenox, Illinois, and become part of an exceptional team that enjoys real advancement potential.
Silver Cross Hospital, New Lenox, IL
The experienced leader we select for this important role will manage the medical records staff in the coding and abstracting of diagnoses, treatments, and other information from patient records. Serving as the primary coding and documentation consultant and resource to leadership, physicians, and others, this professional will manage the workflow of the coding team, offering supervision, guidance, motivation and evaluation while implementing department policies. Additional responsibilities include:
• Creating a congenial atmosphere for staff and supporting the director.
• Maximizing productivity and efficiencies to ensure accurate, timely, and regulation-compliant coding.
• Following and updating all medical record coding policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory-standards monitoring.
• Effectively collaborating with physicians, Nursing, and other allied ancillary departments.
• Demonstrating strong leadership ability by communicating honestly, fostering commitment, inspiring trust, and acting as a role model.
• Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
• Extensive healthcare and management experience in a hospital medical record department, including electronic medical record system.
• Proficiency in ICD-9CM/CPT/ICD-10 coding system and MSDRG/APC/APRDRG.
• Extensive coding and auditing skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and coordinate staffing needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
Silver Cross Hospital offers competitive salaries and benefits. For more information on this and other opportunities, and to apply, please visit:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://www.silvercross.org/careers