Sinai Health System
About Sinai Health System:
Located on the West and Southwest sides of Chicago, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Sinai Children’s Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Medical Group, Sinai Community Institute and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The member institutions of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of high-quality outpatient and inpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative community-based health, research, and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. Sinai Health System, with our team of dedicated caregivers, is uniquely committed to building stronger, healthier communities.
Supervise Health Information Management technical staff and concomitant department functions
- Knowledge and application of Sinai Health System policies and procedures that apply to job and areas of responsibility.
- Develop & implement objective performance standards for department staff in area supervised. Provide ongoing feedback to staff. Recommends and implements appropriate action for any necessary improvements.
- Set priorities with staff supervised to meet department goals and turnaround times.
- Performs and documents quality and competence checks for department staff of area supervised.
- Ensures timely completion of all functions for area supervised to meet department goals. May include direct coverage of open position or filling in where needed to meet goal.
- Provide weekly status report to Manager on the status of major functions supervised.
- Acts as liaison between department and all other departments as well as the professional staff.
- Work with Manager to ensure Sinai Health System meets all regulatory agency guidelines for hospital accreditation or licensure
- Assists manager in monitoring performance improvement objectives for department and documents improvements.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement equipment needed to perform department functions efficiently.
- Associates’ Degree in Health Information Management preferred
- 2 years of Health Information Management experience
- Registered Record Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit resume during online application process