HSHS Medical Group
Provides oversight and leadership within assigned area of responsibility. Assists in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities. Plans and implements systems that accomplish work objectives and fulfill the mission and goals efficiently and effectively. Plans and allocates resources to effectively staff department and meet productivity and quality goals. Plans, evaluates, and improves the efficiency of processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output. Formulates business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures. Establishes and maintains relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department. Reviews performance data that includes quality, satisfaction, engagement, and financial reports. Monitors and measures productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness. Participates in the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the area of responsibility. Prepares periodic reports for management to track goal accomplishment. Leads colleagues using performance management and development process. Plans, organizes, and directs health information management services. Establishes directives, procedures, and departmental objectives. Supervises patient record functions including, but not limited to, chart completion, coding, transcription services, release of information, imaging, retrieval, master patient index reconciliation, cancer registry and record maintenance. May serve as the privacy officer. Evaluates performance and professional development of staff. Oversees business operations of the affiliate and exercises discretion and independent judgment. Supervisory authority includes authority to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, discipline, responsibly direct or adjust grievances. May be responsible for coding and clinical documentation
- Responsible for leading and managing HIM services across HSHMG to assure efficient and effective operations.
- Acts as liaison to the record retrieval vendor with regulatory compliance supports as related to all operations of HIM and projects, including, various program implementations, and HIM specific system installations.
- Perform quality assurance functions required for compliance, accrediting agencies and regulatory issues.
- Provide ongoing training to professional, clinical and practice colleagues regarding the medical record contents, release of information, coding, confidentiality and security.
- Knowledge of privacy and security regulations, confidentiality, laws, access and release of information practices.
- Routinely communicates industry updates, workflow efficiencies and program changes.
- Monitor release of information workflow and adherence to policy and procedures to safeguard and protect patient privacy and protected health information.
- Works with Meditech, I-Heal, KCIN, Epic, etc EHR team to assess and define HSHSMG training needs and practice workflows.
- Identifies and escalates issues including, but not limited to release of information, HIPAA, subpoenas, to HSHSMG Quality/Risk Management and/or Legal departments.
- Participates and leads super user education regarding the EHR
- Collaborates with Quality to assist in current quality improvement requirements, such as PQRS, HEDIS, MU, CMS, as it relates to clinical practice guideline measures.
- Knowledge of ICD 10, CPT, HCPCS and Hierarchical Condition Category coding
- Participates in onboarding and monitoring of risk based contracts, including Medicare Advantage plans
- Participates in the analysis and trending of statistical data for specified patient populations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees processes related to electronic health record integrations including data extractions of legacy systems related to acquisition of new HSHMG practices.
- Assists operations in creation and maintenance of forms for release of information
5 Year(s)-Medical Records-Required
3 Year(s)-Leadership experience or equivalent in a related field-Required
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)-Preferred
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)-Preferred
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online through our website www.hshs.org/Careers